You will need trade plates if you intend to move roadworthy, unlicensed vehicles on a road in Western Australia. Trade plates allow businesses that are involved in the motor vehicle and agricultural equipment industry to undertake activities such as:
- delivering vehicles to purchasers
- test-driving vehicles for sale
- transporting vehicles to and from manufacturers, dealers, repairers or agents
- transporting vehicles to authorised premises to get it examined or licensed
- testing a vehicle after repair.