You can obtain this licence by submitting a completed application form to the Inspector of Explosives at the Department's nearest regional office.
This licence may be applied for by a person, which is defined as an individual or corporation, public company, private company, club, association, government agency or partnership.
If an individual is a person having an interest in a corporation and the corporation is the separate legal entity responsible for the intended explosives operations and activities, the individual must apply using the corporate licence application form. An individual who does not have an interest in a corporation would apply using the individual licence application form.
A corporation applying for this licence must:
- nominate an authorised person to act on behalf of the corporation and
- if non-publicly listed company, provide an Australian Securities and Investments Commission Extract showing the directors of the corporation
- if a publicly listed company, nominate a responsible person for explosives activities related to the company.
The following may also be required before your application is approved:
- the Chief Inspector of Explosives may require further assessment of the applicant
- the applicant's work status may require the provision of further information not outlined on the application form
- an inspector may require an inspection of the storage magazine, procedures and controls and the premises from which the sale is conducted