You will need to notify the Authority if you use, store or handle hazardous chemicals at your site in quantities that exceed a specified amount (called a manifest quantity). The type of hazardous chemicals and their manifest quantity are set out in Guidance Material and Schedule 11 of the Regulations.
Notifying the Authority will open a notification record about your site. You will need to inform the Authority through a revised notification of any changes to how you will be using, storing or handling hazard chemicals.
You will need to submit a notification form for the following situations:
- you start using, storing or handling hazardous chemicals above manifest quantities
- there is a significant change to the quantity, location and the way that chemicals are stored
- you stop using, storing or handling hazardous chemicals
- there is an underground, partially underground or fully mounded tank that was used to store flammable gases or liquids, but it is no longer used
- when any of your contact details have changed
- when there is a change of ownership of the site
- when your notification acknowledgement is lost, stolen, destroyed, not received or there was a printing error.