You will need this licence if you intend to work in the security industry in NSW and carry out class 2 (technical, investigatory, sales and training) security activities.
Class 2 security activities include:
- selling security principles or acting as a security consultant (class 2A)
- selling security equipment or the services of persons to carry on security activities (class 2B)
- selling, installing, maintaining, repairing or servicing security equipment, or acting as a locksmith (class 2C)
- providing training, instruction or assessment in relation to any security activity (class 2D)
- carrying out investigation and/or surveillance activities (class 2E).
Please be aware that you can apply for more than one type of subclass to be endorsed on your Class 2 licence.
All holders of operative licences must be employed by a Master Licensee or hold a Master licence of their own.